Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Holiday Card Season!!!

So this is my favourite time of year, the Christmas season just makes me smile.  My holiday card orders are streaming in and I am having such fun.  This project features many different companies that I like.  I must say however, that I recently placed some large orders from Simon Says Stamp and Ellen Hutson.  I was so disappointed with my Ellen Hutson order, I am Canadian and the exchange rate makes American orders quite expensive. Add to that a 20-day wait for my order and I was saddled with an extra $40.00 customs fee.  I was so disappointed... Because I do love the exclusive products. I don't mean to rant because they are quality products but I simply can't have that happen again.  As for my Simon order, 8 days and I had everything in-hand and no customs fee. I was very happy with that one :)


So here is my project featuring items from those orders!


I die cut the Leaping Deer from Ellen Hutson on my panel then from glitter paper and did a die cut insert. I also die cut the Simon Says Stamp Bubble Breeze die in the lower left hand corner and placed a small piece of silver glitter paper behind the panel.  The sentiment from Papertray Ink and the Casual Fridays snowflakes were embossed with the Simon Says Stamp fine silver embossing powder. I then topped everything off with my first set of Lucy Abrams sequins in the Winter Mint (I love this mix). 

Thanks for taking the time!
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment