Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Card for a dear friend

A quick post today with a card for a friend that was evacuated from Fort Mac, Alberta last week. Forest fires are common in most parts of Canada and Quebec (where I am from is no exception). However, in my time here, none have been nearly as catastrophic as what they are feeling in Northern Alberta right now. As soon as I have a forwarding address for her, this is going in the mail.


I started by die cutting a Canson Watercolor paper frame from the Lawn Fawn large stitched rectangle (size of an A2 card) then grabbed the largest puffy cloud die also by Lawn Fawn. I blended Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks. I then spread Perfect Pearls with a large soft paint brush while it was still fresh then sprayed my panel with water and blotted the excess.  I used the Simon Says Stamp partial die cut florals I backed them with black cardstock so the flowers would really pop nicely.  I put a small section of the black cardstock on Elizabeth Crafts two sided tape and die cut the delicate Sending die also from Simon Says Stamp. This makes it easy to keep the sentiment in the die and simply place it and use my paper piercer to place the die on my panel. The love sentiment is an oldie but a goodie also by Lawn Fawn (Sophie's Sentiments).  I mixed the various Distress Inks with water with the addition of the Black Soot and flicked paint splotches on my Neena 110lb card base. I used foam tape for the panel and topped everything off with a mix of sequins.

Thanks for taking the time, taking break from the blog (until Sunday) Silly day job! Lol
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment