Sunday, April 3, 2016

Penny Black Promise Me

I pulled out this Penny Black woodblock stamp called Promise Me to practice my watercolour. I don't know what it is about Penny Black Stamps... Every year I use one of the PB flowers for something and it inevitably becomes my own Mom's Mother's Day card! It has been four years and I have a feeling the tradition may continue! I love the watercolour effect but I seem to struggle, so I have been forcing myself outside my zone to practice. I really loved the way this one turned out.


I used my Tim Holtz Ditress Markers for this one. I coloured directly on the flower and stems using Abandoned Coral and Candied Apple for the flowers then Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn for the stems. I didn't cover the stamp completely, I used the paler colours for the outlines (again sparingly) and the darker colours for the highlights. I sprayed the stamp with my sprayer about three times then stamped it on my Canson Watercolour paper.  I smoothed out the pigment and then went in to add highlights with the Fired Brick for the Flowers and Peeled Paint for the stems. I used a little White Gellroller pen for added white highlights.


Thanks for taking the time!
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Kim, I absolutely love the way this one turned out, too! It is simply gorgeous.... I am sure your Mom is going to love it as well. Great work!

    ReplyDelete