Sunday, March 20, 2016

My Favourite Things!

I have been so busy at work over the last few weeks, lots of travel to Québec City which has me missing my creative break time! That's why I haven't posted this week. It is a little cold here today so I am taking the time to enjoy my craft space and relax :) I finally got my little hands on this My Favourite Things Adorable Elephants set, yay!


I pulled out my Distress Inks for this one and watercolored all the images. I took a cue from the uber talented Nichol Magouirk for the background.  I die cut my rectangle from Canson Watercolor cardstock then cut a circle with the MFT pierced circle dies. For the grass effect I used Lucky Clover, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron then used Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass for the sky with my ink blending tools. I sprayed the panels with my Distress Sprayer waited about 30 seconds and removed the excess water which left the droplets.  I stamped all my images on Canson with Versafine Black ink and watercolored all the images with Distress Inks: Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke for the elephant, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet for the butterflies, balloons and flowers.  I used a white gell pen for a little details.

Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time!
Kim

2 comments: