Thursday, March 24, 2016

Fairy Fun with Lawn Fawn!

I am just in love with the Fairy Friends set by Lawn Fawn! I mentioned in a previous post that it wasn't in my original plan to purchase this one and it has become one of my favourites from their last release!   I don't usually work primary colours but for some reason I did with this one - but I like the way it turned out. The only thing my husband pointed out is the sentiment is Have a Magical Day and it is a night scene... lol!


For my background I used Distress Inks and my mini ink blending tools with Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and a little Black Soot for the sky.  I used a mix of Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Lucky Clover for the grass and the Mowed Lawn Distress Marker for the few blades of grass. I put my panel aside to dry and stamped my images from the Fairy Friends stamp set and coloured them with Copics, added sparkle with a Gellyroller on the fairy's wings and the shadow areas on the lamp post and window.  I die cut the fence with the Lawn Fawn die, trimmed the bottom for scale and shaded lightly with Pumice Stone Ditress Ink. Once the panel was dry I glued my images and stamped the "fairy dust" in Delicata Gold and coloured it in with the same Star Dust Gellyroller pen. I added some stars with my white Gellyroller and Glossy Accents for the light on the post and the window on the house/hut to finish it off!

Happy long Easter Weekend!
Thanks for taking the time!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment